Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Miracle Cleaner?

Left side is after miracle? cleaner. Right is only after
yesterday's regular cleaning. (Pre Miracle)
I found this post on Pinterest. I am in the midst of a 30 day cleaning challenge, now is a great time to see if it works.

It seems super simple. I only had to purchase some Ammonia. The dollar store was sold out, so I went to Shopko where it was $2.49. Ouch! No wonder the dollar store was sold out. It still was cheaper than driving to the closest big box though.

I grabbed one grate, a garbage bag, the ammonia, and headed outside. I placed the grate in the bag, poured in about 1/2 cup of ammonia, tied the bag, and went to bed. The instructions point out that it is the fumes that will do the work, not actually soaking it in the ammonia, so you don't need tons.

I work in the early morning, and today I took the kids to a movie. It was about 1:00 when I got back to it, soaking for a total of 17 hours. (Directions were to let it soak for 12) It was 'suppose' to just fall right off, so I started with a wet rag. The rag did nothing I still had to scrub with a green scrubby. I found that everything lighter than syrup, came off pretty easy. The caramel and darker colored spots, need some old fashioned elbow grease though.

All-in-all it was better than soap, water, and green scrubby. I don't think I would use the word miracle to describe it though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!