Monday, March 25, 2013

Pin-spired

Yesterday I hung this shelf in the living room. I plan on boring you with every step I make toward finishing it. Yeah! Today I took some inspiration from Etsy. Only instead of spending $69.95 I got a similar result for $4.57
 
I started with an inexpensive frame from the dollar store and photos of the numbers I wanted.
 
DSC07578
 
 
Remove the backing, but leave the glass and the matte.
 
DSC07579
 
Line up the photos in each opening, and tape them in place so they don't slide around.
 
DSC07581
 
 
My photos looked pretty wonky from the back.
 
DSC07582
 
Reset the back and turn the tabs.
 
DSC07583
 
Then it is ready to hang. You could add writing like in the inspiration. I just don't have great handwriting. If you do, stop by for coffee and I will put you to work!
 
DSC07584

1 comment :

  1. This is a great idea!!!! I'll have to keep my eye open for a frame!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!