Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY: Brownie Mix Recipe

 
We love brownies at our house. Since we are avid couponers I am usually able to pick up mixes for well under $.50. But we had an emergency. We used up the last box on Sunday, and they are not on sale anywhere this week!! I had to take matters into my own hands.

I logged onto Pinterest and found this recipe to try. The best part was that I already had all the ingredients on hand to make up several batches. Yep I averted a crisis and even got in some 'freezer' cooking! I did change up the original instructions for optimal texture.

Brownie Mix
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar

Mix ingredients together and place in a jar or container. I used cute flip top jars from Ikea, I've also seen them at World Market.


When you are ready to make brownies add
1 cup melted butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir for no more than 50 strokes. Over mixing will make its consistency more cake like and less brownie like. Pour into an Ungreased 9×13 pan. Spread batter evenly and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!