Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Plank Challenge

**The month of August will have an extra weekly post on Tuesdays so that you can see how I'm doing with this new challenge.

It has been a long time since I've attempted a challenge, so when I was invited to join this one by my friend Kenny I had no choice but to say yes!

This is going to challenge me on several levels I think. After my second C-section, my abdominal strength was at level 0. In the past 4 years I have progressed to the point that I can sit from a laying position, and I no longer need to roll out of bed in order to stand. I know impressive, but don't get jealous yet.

Just this past winter I decided to see if planks would help. My first time I think I made it an impressive 10 seconds (Yes, I shook like water on a hot griddle the entire time). At that point I almost gave up. But I thought "hey if people can do this for 4 minutes I can surely make it to 1". After a week or so I got up to 1 minute, oh yeah, I am all that. I decided to incorporate it into my daily circle-time exercise at preschool. Nothing brings you back to reality faster than 4 year old kids lasting way longer than I could even think about.

I also have to learn how to upload videos and imbed them into posts. If you've been following me for long, you have noticed I have never posted a video. Since the challenge is a time thing, I can't really just say "yep I did it". You guys are going to have to see the time stamp so that I can't cheat. It also means you get to see me all red faced, shaking, and grunting in pain. So if you think your stomach is up to it.

Here is my baseline video:
 
 
So this is my first attempt at recording myself. I wasn't about to do a retake, so it is what it is. Can I just say "I really do have the 'Weber Nose', and when did I start sounding like I was in the movie Fargo?"

1 comment :

  1. I might have to join you in the challenge....good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!