I have lots of little updates happening around the house. I've heard that brass is starting to make a comeback. Since I am no slave to fashion, I am still embracing the Oil Rubbed Bronze movement. Today I was blessed with some mild weather and a little bit of time, so I decided to see what I could get done before My Vet got home.
First I grabbed a screwdriver and started to remove some hardware. Then I remembered I wanted to share it with you and stopped so I could grab a before photo.
I removed grime and old paint from the hardware with some fingernail polish remover, There are probably lots of things that would work. We did pedicures over the weekend so I had it handy.
I finished removing the hardware and found an old piece of foam to anchor my pieces I wanted to paint. Since knobs tend to take a beating, I made sure to prime.
Using a good quality paint, I lightly sprayed several coats of paint. Since they were really light, they dried quickly and I was quickly able to do more coats. The light coats also insured no paint drips.
I then grabbed the ORB and did several more light coats, making sure to get around any moving parts and getting all angles.
After letting it sit for a bit to dry in the shade, I reinstalled and walla!
I liked the results so much I decided to make over all the old mismatched knobs in the house. They look great, but now the hinges look dingy...