Monday, July 16, 2012

Back on the Juice?

Just like you I am surrounded by people
who are seemingly trying to sabotage me!
If you read this post, you are not going to believe what I've done. I have started juicing again. Not 24/7 I am just replacing 1 meal a day. I found that I like the convenience, and it keeps me full so I can concentrate on other things. I found a recipe on Pinterest that is yummy, filling, and nutrient packed, the green monster spinach smoothie. My Vet is not a fan, but I am finding it to be a quick and easy breakfast.

I am unfortunately back to my old habit of snacking all the time. I am, mostly, snacking on lots of fresh vegetables. I did find a yummy pumpkin muffin recipe that is only 100 calories. All you do is mix 1 can of pumpkin filling with the dry mix from 1 cake mix (I like spice or carrot). It makes a really thick batter that you just spoon into the lined muffin pan. bake at 350 degrees until done (10-15 minutes) The quality of my snacks has improved at least.

For meals I am trying to cover at least half the plate with veggies. I have even been able to do an entire meal that covered 3/4 of the plate with veggies. I tossed together an egg roll salad with 1 lb of cooked shrimp, and then served it cold. It made a ton and was even better the next day for lunch.

All that and I gained a pound this week!! I need to be more diligent writing down what I am eating. I have been starting good, but not so much at the end of the day. For me I know logging my food intake is the most effective weight loss trick. I also am going to have to stay out of the breakroom at work, the temptation foods in there is just too great.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!