Monday, July 23, 2012

30 Days to Clean: Day 9

Look at all those meals ready to heat
in the after!
It's a new week, so I started with a new weekly chore list. Today I was in the kitchen. Most days I am spending a total of 2 hours on the regular and the deep cleaning combined. Today, I bit off, a lot more in my deep clean. Since I was already in the kitchen I decided to clean out the freezer. In order to do that, I needed to move some things to the big freezer. The big freezer being full, I had to move some things in to the small freezer. Can you see where this is going?

I started by emptying and washing the inside of the freezer out. While taking everything out, I noticed lots of opened packages that needed to get used up. I am terrible at using half packages, they usually only get used up when I have a freezer cooking day. Now you can probably see where this is going.

It is still really full, but stuff is no longer just thrown
in, there are designated shelves for veggies,
blueberries, fish, etc.
I took more than 2 hours today, and prepped meals for the freezer. Hamburger Casserole, Denver Omelet Egg Bake, Apple Crisp, Whole Wheat Crust Deep Dish Pizza, and Lake Superior Salmon Patties are all ready to be thrown in the oven for a quick and easy meal.

After starting the basement this weekend, I spent a little time down there and added to the donation pile, and got rid of another small shelf via craigslist.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!