Saturday, July 14, 2012

Easy Tomato Basil Soup

Hmmm look at those chunks of tomato!
I love tomato soup. It has long been one of my favorites. As a kid, I liked it with grilled cheese. (I still do) I am not a fan of Tomato Bisque soup, I hate when it gets mixed with milk/cream. My absolute favorite way is with these easy to find ingredients.

1 can of Condensed Tomato Soup
1 can of Stewed Tomatoes (Preferably from my garden, but when they run out, I will use store bought.)
2 Tbsp of Basil (Fresh tastes better, but when that isn't ready from the garden I just use dried.)

Just 3 ingredients.
I put all of it in a medium heavy bottomed pan and slowly simmer until boiling. If the tomatoes are to big, just use cooking shears or a knife to cut them into smaller pieces. By cooking it slowly you give the flavors some time to merge. I like the texture that the stewed tomatoes give. It makes it more filling and ads a freshness to the final product.



 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!