Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY: Microwave Popcorn

Thanks to Pinterest I found another thing I had to try. It sounds so simple, and it is. I picked up 100 brown lunch bags on sale for $1.70, and I already had some popcorn on hand. I tried varying amounts of popcorn. I found that 1/4 cup in a bag folded 3 times at the top is too much, and popped a hole. (maybe if you only fold it 1 or 2 times?) 2 Tablespoons per bag is perfect for each of us while watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I tried just pushing the popcorn button, but found that was 20 seconds too long. You want to stop the microwave when you count 2 seconds between pops. Since on my microwave the popcorn button goes for 2:20, I just set for 2 minutes and I am golden.

DIY Microwave popcorn
1 brown lunch sack
2 Tablespoons unpopped popping corn
1 microwave
**Seasoning/salt/butter

Place the corn in the sack. Roll over the top 2 times. Place in microwave, and start. cook until popping slows to 2 seconds between pops.

**Optional and changes health benefits.

That is really all there is too it. Why do we spend so much money on all those empty calories?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!