Friday, March 9, 2012

Dessert Pizza

Friday night is pizza night at our house. Most the time we just make one at home (Frozen, take-n-bake, or homemade) Then there are times like last week, when we ate out. We were in Elk River doing some shopping and decided to eat at the New Pizza Ranch in town. I have eaten dessert pizza many times, and always enjoy it, but at Pizza Ranch they made it with one of my favorite fruits - Blueberries. Yummy, delish, fantastic, mmmmmmm, fab, finger licking, seconds, no wait thirds please? I had finally been inspired to make dessert pizza at home. It was simple to make and only has 4 components.
Sous Chefs poking the holes.

Crust:
Start with your favorite pizza dough, shape your crust, puncture with a fork and bake at 375 for about 8 minutes. (If you like your crust doughier you can skip the prebake)

Fruit Filling:
You could use a prepackaged can of your favorite pie filling, or slices of your chosen fruit.
I used a can of my blueberry preserves. I added 1 Tbsps of Corn Starch and brought it to a boil in a sauce pan to thicken the juices before spreading on the crust.
If you want to forgo the fruit filling, just sprinkle the crust with a cinnamon sugar combo.

Streusel Topping:
I use this for so many things. I often have a freezer bag of prepared topping in my freezer.
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (not margarine)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
*You can blend with a fork, I use my food processor (store any extra in the freezer)
Sprinkle has heavily as desired, over fruit filling, then return to the oven until golden.

Frosting drizzle:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1-2 Tbsp of milk
**add milk slowly as you will not need a full 2 Tbsp. Mix until desired thickness then drizzle over hot pizza.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!