Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

I Love pot pie, as a kid I would get really excited on the nights mom would let us have Banquet pot pies for supper. Don't judge! I come from a large family so prepackaged food was not common. As an adult I still enjoy them, but home made is the best. I am going to attempt to write down a recipe, but I don't think I have ever made it the same way twice. You see I always make this recipe from left overs. So here goes.

Pot Pie: I don't usually measure, I use what I have and keep adding vegetables until it looks like enough to feed my crowd.
Chicken/Turkey/Beef
Gravy - enough to thoroughly cover meat and veggies
Vegetables - Use what you have on hand. (canned, frozen, left over)
   carrots
   potatoes
   corn
   zucchini
   peppers
   onion
   broccoli
   cauliflower
   peas
*Combine above ingredients into pan depending on how much left over food you have, or how large a crowd you want to serve use a pie pan or a 9x13 cake pan.

Topping:
A pie crust is traditional. This is the recipe I have been successfully using for over a decade. You could use your own or even use a store bought one.
Because this is usually a leftover recipe for me, I have used:
Mashed Potatoes - just spread on top and bake
Refrigerator biscuits/croissants - roll out with a rolling pin, cover the filling and bake according to package
2 cups of Baking Mix and add enough milk to make it a thick pancake consistency, pour over filling and bake.
Stuffing - just spread on top and bake

Serve hot!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!