Thursday, August 1, 2013

One Ingredient Caramel Sauce

I love caramel, I love simple, I love easy so what isn't to love about this recipe?

 

Caramel Dulce
1 can sweetened condensed milk (label removed)

Yep that's it, Place can on a small plate or in a jar in the crockpot. (The plate will prevent rust stains from the can on the bottom of your crockpot.) Cover with water and place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Cool and open can to serve. (8 hours for a thinner sauce, 10 for thicker like in top photo)

Depending on the size of your crock pot you can do as many cans at one time as you'd like.

My favorite way to serve is over ice cream or apples, but you could also make these:




Caramel Bars
1 recipe of brownie mix
1/2 a package of chocolate chips
1 can of Caramel

Mix brownies as directed. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Spread caramel over hot, partially baked brownies, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for remaining bake time. Cool cut and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!