Thursday, June 13, 2013

Confession of a White Flour Addict

If my collection of flour on my counter top hadn't given me up, Then perhaps the Kitchenaid mixer did. If you were too busy eating freshly baked goods to notice, that's fine with me.

If however, you are only reading to see my weaknesses so that you can feel superior, today is your lucky day!

My name is Cindy and I have an entire drawer in my kitchen dedicated to cookie cutters. (I also have an entire cupboard filled with cake decorating tools.)

So thank you friends and family for sacrificing your thighs, bellies, etc.


If you are wondering, I use a recipe from an old Sesame Street Library book. I'm not sure which volume. But I scanned an image of mine for you to reference.

 
If you are unable to view the recipe here is a not as pretty version:

"Cookie Monster's Famous Cookie Dough"
Here Is What You Need:
(1)A Medium Sized Mixing Bowl
(2)Measuring Cup And Spoons
(3)A Fork

Ingredients:
(1)Butter Or Margarine(Soft,But Not Melted)
(2)Sugar
(3)Vanilla
(4)All-purpose flour
(5)Baking powder
(6)Salt

What to do make the dough:
(1)Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine(that's a stick and a half)into your mixing bowl.
(2)Measure 1 cup of sugar.
(3)Pour sugar over butter
(4)With a fork,squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
(5)Crack shells of 2 eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
(6)Measure 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour over mixture.
(7)With fork,blend everything in the bowl together.
(8)Measure 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
(9)Measure 1 teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
(10)Measure 1 teaspoon salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
(11)Mix everthing together either with the fork or with your hands.
(12)Put dough in icebox to chill (at least one hour).

After chilling the dough, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness, cut your cookies, bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!