Monday, October 15, 2012

20 Minute Make-over


Over a year ago I did some work in the kitchen. I like how it all came together, but one area has continued to bother me: the back splash. Previous owners covered the back splash area with a plastic sheet of some sort. I didn't hate it, but it stood out against my newly painted walls. I don't love the counter tops, and didn't want to do something permanent in case I can ever convince My Vet to redo them. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a temporary solution.

Not bad for $15!
For the past year or so, I have been pondering this problem. Then, on a recent trip to Target, I got an idea. I came home and did some online looking, and decided to get it at Target. I then went to 3 Targets, and none of them carried the same decal I had seen at my inspiration Target. Grrrr. Then I had another moment of inspiration, and went to a craft store a friend recently told me about. Not only did I find the exact same decal , I got it for 40% off, score.

It only took me 20 minutes to stick them up and snap some pictures. I had already pre-scrubbed the grease and grime buildup in anticipation of finding the decals.

**update**
posted too quick. I like it better after a bit more tweeking.
FYI - I am also making some progress on the living room. I will try to get that posted this week.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!