Monday, October 22, 2012

Living Room Progress

New art on the walls and pillows added.
Thanks for all of the tips! I have been busy working on them, and thought I would give you an update.

I called the MN State Fair office and ordered the print I found. It was only $10 (plus $5 for delivery or you could pick it up for free.) I was so excited when it came, until I pulled it out. Don't get me wrong, I love the image, even the kids love to stand in front of it and fight over which SkyRide pod they are in. But it is way smaller than I had hoped. The gal on the phone when I ordered it, had no idea of the size, so it wasn't as if I was mislead or anything. Just wishful thinking on my part.  Based on it's size I placed it on the smaller wall, by the buffet, and set to work figuring out a solution for the clock wall.

Thanks to a friend I did this pinterest idea. I really like how it turned out, but read here to avoid the same mistakes I made when you make it.
Pretty bare. Like the walls, buffet and the one print.

I also added some small objects to the buffet that I picked up on a recent shopping trip that resulted in a kitchen upgrade too.

Things are moving slowly, but that makes them good for the wallet, and keeps me entertained. I am actually looking forward to winter this year and being stuck in the house!
Needs major work. Like the TV and the dog. Not much else.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!