Friday, April 26, 2013

I got outside!!!

Are you planning on spending some time outside this weekend? What is on your To Do list?
 
I've been keeping busy in the basement, but that doesn't mean I'm neglecting the rest of the house. I've been thinking and planning on doing some modest improvements outside.
 
 
I finally got the chance to get a couple of them done.


Yep I added shutters. After months of looking and shopping I was able to pick them up at Lowes for $20 a pair! I looked on Craigslist, but the only ones I liked where still $30 a pair with no installation hardware. I almost spent $40 a pair for new, but decided to check out just one more store... Lowes who had them clearanced! I really am blessed to find great deals.
 
Installation was a snap.
 



If the house looks a little lighter in the second photo, it's because I washed the siding and chairs. It's amazing how much dirt can accumulate in 7 years. I guess I better put that on the annual 'to do' list.
 
 
Finally I cut down the tree. Last year I thought I was done removing trees from the yard. Yet the more I looked at this one the less I liked it. It was so close to the house that it was growing at an odd angle; it shaded the roof and prevented the sun reaching the roof at a point where two roof lines converged; finally, it had a partner on the other side of the porch and I prefer asymmetrical lines.
 
 
Wow there's a window there! I still have more to do, but hey there is still snow on the ground.

To do:
Remove and compost the bags of leaves
Install foundation insulation
Fix skirting below the deck
finish painting the trim
Paint the front door
Remove/Replace/Hide those porthole windows
Plant something in the flower urn.
 
I'd love to hear about your outside activities. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!