Thursday, September 19, 2013

Repairing Holes in a Boat Cover

Last winter when we put the boat away for the winter, we forgot to close the center portion of the wind shield. Unfortunately, all of the weight from the snow and the wind did a number on the cover where it met the corners of the open windshield. Instead of throwing it away, we decided to use some scrap canvas material we had to make a patch.

I started by identifying and measuring the rips.

Then I cleaned the area, so my patch would stick
 
Got a section of repair canvas.

 Following the included instructions... 
 
ironed on my fusable paper to the patch material.

Cut the material to size and then ironed it onto the boat cover.

To insure that it was strong, I repeated the process on the back. Sandwiching the ripped portion between 2 strong patches fused together.

I did the same thing to the other hole. 1/2 hour and $1.97 later the cover was fixed and ready to be used for another year.

1 comment :

  1. Using scrap materials for this repair means not having to spend a single cent. I love how easy this is to follow. Nice post, Cindy! Thanks for sharing!

    Kent Garner @ Whites Marine Center

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!