Thursday, March 8, 2012

White Chicken Chili


The first time I made this recipe was during The Hunger Challenge. Here is my original Recipe, with variations for a fully stocked pantry.

1 medium Onion Chopped
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
1 cup chopped sweet peppers (mix of green, red, yellow)
1 tsp minced garlic
- Saute in pan I used the fat off the top of my chicken stock, but you could use butter or oil
1/2 Cup flour
- stir into pan of veggies.
4 cups chicken stock (This made it very liquidy, and My Vet likes thick stews,
                                     not soup so I will only use 2 cups in the future.)
- Slowly add to floured mixture, stirring constantly then bring to a boil. ****
3 Cups cubed cooked chicken
1 can white northern beans (would do 2 in the future)
1 can kidney beans
1 Tbsp Grill Mates, Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Heat through and serve with a garnish of shredded Cheddar Cheese.

**** Because of they day I was having I skipped this step and just threw it all in the slow cooker on low for about 5 hours.



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!