Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh What a Night!


One step chalk paint. No need for a
final coat of wax!
In small towns across America, businesses are hosting Lady's Nights Events as a way to show women their wares. I have seen fliers over the past couple of years, and I finally decided to go. I know that it doesn't seem like a big deal, but these events are usually held on nights that My Vet works late. Paying for a sitter so that I can go shopping just doesn't make sense to me.

Then a friend invited me to a Lady's Night at one of my favorite stores, that's right Lady's Night at the Hardware Store!!!

Not only did she GET to spend the evening
with me, she won a prize too!
Toward the end of the evening I was visiting with the store manager about various community events, when he excused himself to help a woman get her packages to her car. She was one of the few women in attendance that the manager didn't already know, and he wanted to make sure he connected with her before she left. That is the kind of customer service I have come to expect from both hardware stores in town. Talk about spoiled!

Check out these cute rain/garden boots
Why can't my feet shrink to at least an 11?

As a serious couponer I am always on the hunt for a good deal, but that doesn't mean I can't shop local. The nice folk's at Marv's put together simple, seasonal, crafts and then had inexpensive kits available for purchase so you could do it at home!

Beverage table fully of condiments!
 
In addition to great ideas spread around the store, other local business's showed up to show some of their offerings, along with a fantastic snack table on display.

Pulling out all the stops. How often do you
see a tux in a hardware store?
 
I'm so glad that I cleaned the plaster off, and braved the cold. Many thanks to everyone who made this happen!
 
I clean up OK, I could use help in the clothing department from some of the super stylish ladies at church. So instead of me, check out the smooth, angled ceiling to the right. Yep, I'm removing more popcorn! Unfortunately this room has a coat of paint over it so it is a bit more tedious, but coming along. I know exactly what to do with the free gallon of paint I won at Ladies Night!
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!