Sunday, November 4, 2012

Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time...yeah an extra hour of sleep! Uhm... who forgot to tell the kids?

What to do with all this extra time before church? Laundry...check, Read the paper...check, Pinterest...check, Eggs Benedict with homemade Hollandaise sauce...check.

That's right homemade Hollandaise sauce! I am not Martha, Julia, or Paula, (love that good Irish boy, Bobby though!) so believe me, anyone can do this. I just do it right in the blender.

Easy Hollandaise Sauce in the Blender
3 egg yolks (I place the whites in a freezer bag so when I need whites I have them.)
1/4 tsp mustard (I like a Dijon, but sometimes only have plain yellow on hand)
1Tbsp lime juice (lemon is traditional and can be used, I just like a twist)
1 dash hot sauce
1/2 cup butter (melt in microwave)

*Place egg yolks, mustard, lime juice, and hot sauce in blender. Turn on the blender then slowly drizzle in the hot melted butter with the blender on. Serve immediately

The acid in the lime juice and the heat from the butter 'cook' the egg. If you add the butter to quick or without the blender running it will cook your eggs to fast and you will get a lumpy scrabbled egg mix up. I have had a lot of kitchen mistakes, but that hasn't happened to me yet. This recipe is pretty fool-proof.

What did you do with your extra time today?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!