Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Palace Car

My Vet enjoying his morning Coffee


When I married My Vet, I had just graduated from College and still didn't have a job, and My Vet (student) was a full-time student. As you could guess $$ was tight, so instead of a traditional honeymoon, we used our money to buy a car.




So this year we decided to do something special for our Crystal Anniversary. Friends recommended The Whistle Stop, and even offered to watch the kids!

The 1890's Pullman, transformed into our Palace Car.
Situated between Fargo and St. Paul on Hwy 10, it was a short drive on a very scenic route. We even stopped and enjoyed a few points of interest along the way. New York Mills, where the Whistle Stop is located, has an emerging art scene that was fun to check out. We also did some reconnaissance work checking out what businesses were thriving/existing in some of the newly revived down towns.

The view from our front porch!
The best part though, was just the serenity we encountered. (If you intended to travel here, please note I used the word serene, not quiet. The train theme extends to the nearby railroad tracks that are busy.)

After so many years, I am glad that we were still able to chat, uninterrupted, almost non-stop the entire trip.


Thank you God for blessing our marriage, and I pray that you experience that blessing as well.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!