While prepping the basement for paint, I have been able to salvage many things from the rafters. Including enough curtain rods to cover all the windows!
I was fortunate to find one that fit perfectly to use as a template for the others. I measured and marked the pieces for cutting. I then stepped outside and used a grinder to cut down the halves.
My Vet helped with the first one, and I did the others.
I picked up new mounting hardware for less than a $1 a pair, and pre-drilled and screwed them into my freshly painted windows.
I have yet to find fabric I like at a price I like. (I may have just found some inspiration though for a DIY solution) For now the rods are hung and waiting. I was also able to use the scrap pieces from this project for yet another one!
|The plane white curtain rod, installed and waiting for curtains.|