Now that this project is finally finished, I can finally relax. I hope that I can also get Dora the Explorers voice out of my head too.
My Vet and his dad installed the mantle on the fireplace. I have been sharing so much in this process. But, I was too busy in the kitchen to remember to take any photos.
Me like cookies! Cooooookies!
Here it is after I was able to eat some cookies and think clearly again. The piece of wood is just holding a piece of trim while the glue dries.
After Mom and Dad left for home, I got right to work finishing this project. I used a stain sealer in one that matches the rest of the woodwork in the house.
I remembered to sand between coats with this awesome sanding sponge thing that is easy on my hands
Since I let it dry over night between coats I stored the brush in this handy plastic bag in the fridge so that I didn't need to wash it between coats.
I used one of my kids brushes and a small dish of sealant to quickly seal the grout.
Now we are ready to build fires, which is handy since fall is here and the new furnace isn't exactly installed yet.
It's come a long way baby!