Monday, June 9, 2014

Chalk Paint

A while back I took a chalk paint class with a friend and I finally got around to finishing the project. It was a nice way to get out and spend some time with a friend. We used a product I had never heard of before.

I've read lots of other blogs about chalk paint and not very impressed. Chalk Paint Powder seemed different. Instead of over paying for a limited number of colored paints. This just mixes in to any latex paint you want.

We painted small wooden trays. I initially tried to paint 2 colors with traditional black on the tray bottom, but I didn't have detail brushes to use and the edges weren't as nice as I had hoped.



After letting the paint dry while we perused the store, we used wax to seal the paint. There is a difference to waxes. The texture and ease of use of Fiddes and Sons was really nice and I would highly recommend for any of your waxing needs.


I used a clear wax on mine for a more modern look. While my friend gave hers an aged look with the darker wax.

I immediately decided that this would be great for my girls to use, and wanted brighter colors than what the class provided. I used some materials that I already had on hand for a quick update.



The tray is an excellent way to corral hand made beads and other jewelry making supplies.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!