Sunday, January 10, 2016

Partial Solar Eclipse


OK, so this is a pretty old photo. Is is from October 2014! I started this post and then never got back around to finishing it. I've been on a personal mission since Thanksgiving though, (Thanksgiving resolutions are a thing right?) My mom and sister decided to come for the weekend to visit. Those of you who've been following me for a while may remember how terrible my family views my house keeping skills. I have gotten significantly better, but I still panic a little anytime they come to visit. Long story short, I made a decision to complete things when I see them instead of setting it aside for later. So here we are January 10th 2016 and I am sharing this photo.

Disclosure - This has been a long, often frustrating assignment. For example I walk down the stairs to get a can of beans to cook with, see a toy to put away, then grab the dirty clothes and put them by the washing machine, wait better start a load, need to fold and put that other one away, these drawers need to be reorganized, this needs to go to the garbage, I need to empty all of the garbage cans, "mom, I'm hungry", doh, that can of beans are still in the basement! After several months I still have moments like that, and my to do list never seems to go away, but so many things have been crossed off, and I've even started to notice things that are done more than not done!

You can see the top portion of the sun is blocked by the moon. This was a neat thing to share with my kids. When I was a kid I didn't always enjoy science class, as an adult science things cause me to geek out a bit. We saw several of the blood moons in 2014/2015, the meteor shower in August, and chose Astronomy for our curriculum this year. I love seeing my kids searching for planets and constellations in the night sky. They've asked some great questions, notice moon fazes, and even know that Thermal Nuclear Fusion describes the explosions on the sun's surface.

The day of this Solar Eclipse, our local girls soccer team played their first ever game at the State Championship Tournament. We went directly from cheering them as they left town forever changing the history of our little town, to witnessing another rare sight.

All that meandering to say. Be different, find your passion, read, learn, try new things, practice! 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!