Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cake Box Bars




These bars are a family favorite, I got the recipe from my sister years ago, and they are always a hit anywhere we go. The best part is that they are super easy and use ingredients I already have around the house.

Recipe:
1 Stick of butter (I said butter not margarine or any other light substitute)
1 cake mix (Chocolate, white, yellow, funfetti, etc not so sure I would go with carrot or spice)
1 cup of Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Chocolate Chips (white, butterscotch, or peanut butter work too)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Melt butter in a jelly roll pan. (That is a cookie sheet with sides on all 4 sides). Sprinkle dry cake mix over butter and gently pat down to completely cover the pan;



sprinkle chips and marshmallows; drizzle over the Sweetened Condensed Milk.


Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes until bubbly and the milk has caramelized.  Cool slightly then cut and remove from pan while still warm.

 

As you can see there are lots of variations that would work, just mix together what you think sounds good together. (Although spice with butterscotch chips could be yummy...)

As you could guess the pan can be a bit messy with all that caramel baked on. So when I needed a my messiest dishes to test a cleaning product I just had to make these. (And eat them too.)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!