Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Deep Dark Secret

Every spring I start to think about what projects I am going to tackle during the summer. The last few years though with life, work, kids, and cash I had several that were started and never finished.

That's right I have become someone who doesn't finish what she started. Last spring all that changed. My Vet knew what I was starting to think, and stopped me cold. He made a new rule NO new projects until the old ones where finished. Ouch! It hurt being called on it, but I knew he was right. So for the past 10 months I have been busy finishing projects. I have yet to finish the one that made him put his foot down. (I am working on acquiring the materials to hopefully get it done soon.) I have even finished projects that in my head I didn't think I would get back to until the girls where much older. I am amazed at how much calmer my head is now, and I even find the time to sit and enjoy some of the spaces, and projects that have been completed.

In order to keep myself from falling this far again. Here is a photo gallery of all the projects that I stopped midway through, that have finally been finished.

Who knows I might start posting the befores too, so that you can help keep me accountable!

Bubbling Boulder in rock garden.


Smoothed out popcorn ceiling, repainted walls and hardware, New lights and refinished table and chairs.


Replaced rubber edging with retaining wall block and weeded out the rock.


Attached slide to swing set.


A flannel star quilt I started 5 years ago.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! Good for you! I am the QUEEN of the UFO - UnFinished Objects! I'm most impressed - send some of that Mojo my way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! would love to see some photos of your projects!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!