Saturday, February 25, 2012

Button Snakes


I won the opportunity to host a Huggies Pull-ups Potty Dance House Party from House Party . If you have not registered with this sight, do it!

This was my second party and it was great! They sent me packets of fun stuff for each attendee and I got an awesome hostess coupon for Pull-ups. I wish that I was better at entertaining. I used to be good at having people over once a month in an attempt to not be so lonely, but I had gotten out of the habit. This allowed me to get together with some friends and have a play date with our kids, while we all got great information and coupons to help us potty train our kids.

That isn't why you came to check out this post though... I like to add my personal touch to things and wanted to come up with some in expensive ways to step my party up. The Button Snake was one of them. Kids who are potty training are also learning lots of other skills, including how to button clothes. This is a fun way for them to practice, and they are simple to make.

All you need is:
Ribbon - about a foot in length I used what I could find around the house.
Buttons - 1 per length of ribbon, again I used what I could find around the house.
Felt - I purchased 1multi-color pkg and it was more than enough to make 12 snakes

Hand sew a button on one end of the ribbon. On the other side loop the ribbon and stitch, this creates a look for the child to carry the snake as well as a stop so the felt doesn't fall off. Cut your felt into 3 inch squares. I choose 3 inches because my felt was 9 inches wide and there would be no waste. You could cut circles or hearts, whatever you like. Then cut a small hole in the center slightly larger than the button. Finish by stringing the felt onto the ribbon.

Super Easy and inexpensive, but great entertainment and a learning tool. I also included an I spy bottle in my gift bags.
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!