Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tradition!


Pumpkin Patch 2011

... Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and what God expects him to do." -Tevye
Fiddler on the Roof

As a parent I get to share traditions with my children. In addition to daily, and weekly routines, my husband and I regularly take the time to have fun with our children and enjoy each others' company.


2009

Memories of my childhood, often dictate the decisions I make as an adult. Even though I have added my own spin to the experiences I am giving my children. They include the best parts of my childhood traditions. Family time, laughter, learning, food, music, conversation, and photos.

We normally think of family traditions around the holidays, but we should have them year round! Saturday pancakes, bed time stories, Sunday morning church, Friday night pizza, the State Fair, family camping trips, planting the garden, baking cookies, swimming, Black Friday door buster shopping. Anything can become a tradition.

Find what works best for your family. Just be sure to have fun, get to know each other and share stories of your lives and your past.

The weather has turned a bit colder and it is time for some of my favorite traditions. Last year I didn't get a photo of me and the girls at the pumpkin patch, but here are a few for you to enjoy.



 
2011

2010



 

Grandma Riddle 2011


No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!