Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Local Park Bike Tour


The snow has finally melted, flowers are starting to grow, and school is almost out. What are you going to do with your kids

Living in MN it is important to get outside as much as possible when it's nice out. I'm also not a big fan of screens so getting away from home so they can't ask and I can't cave helps. I also like to pick a theme that helps me to stay focused. You can see from the images in this post that a few years ago our theme was Park Tour, we visited as many as possible.  



As an added benefit we biked to all the local ones. I live in a small town (pop.4500) yet we were still able to find several in town, including the playgrounds of local schools


Preparation is key. I outfitted our bikes with baskets, invested in water bottles, and carried a small first aid kit that included hand sanitizer and sunscreen. We often had extra kids with us which made it fun


It is a good opportunity to teach road safety too! I had every kid walk their bike across busy roads at a crosswalk, as well as use hand signals. 

There were added perks too. Because all the kids had their helmets on we got stopped by the Princeton Police and were given free DQ ice cream cone certificates. Being out and about so much also made us aware of the various customer appreciation and kid friendly activities that were happening all over town all summer long.


Our School District also offers free lunch during the summer for kids under 18, so we wouldn't even need to pack a picnic lunch

So grab your bike or at the very least phone a friend and head out to a park.


** I may get paid for links that you click on this blog. Any posts that include free or discounted services or product in exchange for reviewing are plainly stated within the post.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!