Thursday, December 11, 2014

Lift Up Your Eyes

**Repost, originally posted on gapfillers.org

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. - Genesis 1:1-31

Princeton, MN 10/8/14

This morning I set me alarm for a bit earlier than normal. As the alarm pierced the stillness of the house I quickly silenced it, while saying a quick prayer that My Vet was able to sleep through it. 

Being pretty groggy I decided to quickly check Facebook to see if anyone I knew was already enjoying the crisp morning air so I could stay in my warm bed.

Instead I saw article after article about ISIS, ebola, sexual crimes, and political ads. Happy morning! Aren't you glad you stopped by to read this beacon of joy?

Now that I was awake, I dressed and headed outside, hoping that I would only need to walk a short distance. Immediately I looked up and the stars where bright, and the night sky seemed alive. 

There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Luke 21:25

I knew to look to the West. Nothing but trees. I backed down the alley hoping that would work. Thankfully it did.

I got outside a little early so as I waited, I looked at the sky and sang hymns to myself. The world is full of turmoil, and the US is in trouble. I don't believe the goverment hype, common sense and basic rules of economics all point to a giant Ponzi Scheme/ House of Cards. I could bog down in the minutia of my thoughts, I even started, then realized linking to some great sources would be more efficient and thorough.







I don't present all this to make you afraid. I am just trying to describe the thoughts that were racing through my head as I stood outside on this cool fall morning looking at the sky. As I watched the Lunar eclipse happening I was in awe of the vastness of space. I also couldn't help but think how small all that other stuff was. My God is MIGHTY!

There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. Luke 21:11

Seriously did anyone else get goosebumps reading that verse? So much bad news from around the world and now 4 lunar and 1 solar eclipses in to Jewish calendar years, falling on Jewish holidays. 

If you aren't excited in anticipation of what God is telling us. watch this video that shows how God has already been using the sky as a ginormous billboard.



The heavens declare the glory of God, and 
the sky above proclaims his handiwork. -Psalm 19:1

I am grateful to live in a time when knowledge is so abundant. We can spend our time learning about any topic imaginable. Just remember that knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom only comes from God.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk blamelessly, guarding the paths of justice and preserving the way of his faithful ones.
Proverbs 2:6-8

No matter what battles are happening on Earth I know that the War is won. My hope is in Him. Lest you forget. Step outside look up at the stars and remember the God who spoke them all into existence and alligned them with future events ...

Made You, Loves You, and Wants to be Your Best Friend Forever!


Princeton, MN 10/8/14
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing. Isaiah 40-26

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!