Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What Doesn't Kill Me...


Earlier this spring we gave some much needed attention to a large tree in our yard. For years I trimmed as high as I could so that I could mow the lawn without poking out my eye. But it was slowly growing into ours and our neighbor's homes. Something needed to be done. 



While I was away on a field trip with my eldest, several guys with some pretty heavy equipment rolled into the yard and hacked away. In addition to getting the limbs off the houses, they weeded out the sickly and dead branches. 


When I got home that afternoon I was a bit shocked at just how much of the tree they had removed. A few days later the clouds cleared up and My Vet and I went out to deal with the stack of firewood left behind. Then I noticed how much sunlight was shining through.

So many times I have grown limbs that were abruptly removed from my life. Limbs that were so much a part of me, it hurt, I've weeped, I mourn the scars that will always remind me of them. Yet I continue to live and grow new limbs.


It seemed like forever until the leaves started to grow and the wounds started to heal. Now suddenly I see things that I couldn't before, flowers are blooming in new areas, grass is growing. A neighbor was inspired to trim his trees as well, another told me how they could see farther now too.

Whatever you are walking through, whatever fresh wounds you are nursing, keep your eyes on God. He is Good ALL the time, trust in His plan. God made the tree, He certainly knows how to make it grow best. He also sees who is watching you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment. I read and appreciate EVERY one of them, REALLY, I DO!